Full-Time Firefighter Position
To see the current hiring list please click the link below
Part-Time Firefighter Position
The Glenside Fire Protection District is hiring for the position of Part-Time Firefighter and Firefighter recruits.
Please click the link below for information.
Please complete the employment Application application link below and drop off in person.
Part-time requirements for Part-time Firefighter with the District:
- Must be a United States Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum age of 19 at time of application
- Valid State of Illinois driver’s license Must have a valid Illinois CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test)
- Must clear background investigation (criminal/personal)
- State of Illinois Department of Public Health EMT-B or EMT-P license
- Must illustrate a good health and fitness condition by means of a medical examination by a certified physician. This may be
required at the applicant’s cost upon conditional job offer
Upon receiving conditional offer of employment, individuals must meet the following:
- Office of Illinois State Fire Marshall Firefighter Basic Operations Certification
- Attend recruit training classes
- Pass departmental SOG and recruit examination
- Pass recruit practical examinations
- Complete ride time requirements
- Final review by the Fire Chief and staff
- Complete EMS system requirements for system entry
Interested in being a Firefighter?
Want to know more about what you need to do and prepare for to become a firefighter? Click on the link below.
Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA)
2300 Patriot Boulevard
Glenview, IL 60026
Here are some other links to get your career started in the Fire Service.